Saturday, November 27, 2004

:: And Flowers They Fade ::

The sun has all but disappear into the curve of the horizon.

Indulgence is the sinking into lyrics and alcohol, thinking of random thoughts, wanting to fly, trying to reconcile my young-old dreams: freedom.

Someone I know enjoys letting both darkness and music wash over him as he sits and ponder over a bottle of red wine.

I'm there in spirit with him at the moment:

Sideways - Citizen Cope, featuring Santana

You know it ain't easy
For these thoughts here to leave me
There are no words to describe it
In French or in English

Cause diamonds they fade
And flowers they bloom
And I'm telling you

That these feelings won't go away
They've been knockin me sideways
They've been knockin me out, babe
Whenever you come around me
These feelings won't go away
They've been knockin me sideways
I keep thinking in a moment that
Time will take them away
But these feelings won't go away


***

I don't usually let other people's words speak for me, but tonight I'm mellow and self-indulgent and this song speaks like pure poetry.

Let the world turn, let the old injustices hide and fade. Tonight I belong to music and laughter and Vienna.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home