Friday, December 10, 2004

:: Abrasions ::

Intimacy of strangers: a muffin, slightly over-toasted - 'just the way you like it.'
Distance of familiarity: sms-es so polite they border on being alien.

While friendship is still some time away, charity is a despicable space-filler that leaves me with a sour taste in my mouth. If you wish to fade away, there is nothing to feel bad about.

***

It's the age of cultural cancer, of urban maladies polluted by the want for self-gratification. As people around me continually spin stories of broken hearts, wrecked promises, cheating partners and other dysfunctionalities in their relationships - current, past, imagined, unattainable - I wonder if I could ever know contentment.

We suffer, because we think.

***

Have a Tokyo Long Island Tea for me. Same side of the moon, remember?

***

You: I hope you're feeling better in your corner of the world. Be nice to the boys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home