Monday, October 04, 2004

god of small things

:: god of small things ::

An old friend made contact. It was a surreal moment to see his name in my inbox, almost like homecoming. I risk sounding melodramatic, but I've always known he would come back. When he told me he would never be silent for long, when he promised to keep in touch, when he predicted our friendship would go beyond time and distance and circumstance - I believed it all. Cem, he calls himself now. A new citizenship. A new life. Still as crazy, still as poetic, still as charismatic. Still my mentor, still a friend, still...there. Shalom, B. Welcome back.

***

Tiny, accidental moments of enjoyment. I never knew this simplicity. I never understood its importance. I never realized the expense of emotions that could be possible in small, trivial things. Did you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home